Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant
Sealants and tape often expand under pressure. This requires plants to halt operations for re-application, or worse, address expensive thread damages. Krytox TS4 is a great replacement to avoid constant maintenance.
High quality sealants, like Krytox TS4, prevent leaks and damages that jeopardize operations, even in extreme environments.
Proper application and a high quality sealant, like Krytox TS4, is the solution for demanding applications, and can help reduce maintenance costs and operational halts.
Thread sealant (TS4) is unlike PTFE tape, which should be removed before re-application. Krytox TS4 can be re-applied over existing Krytox thread sealant. Clings to threads and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly. Cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves, or instruments like tape solids. Krytox TS4 is non-reactive, non-toxic, nonflammable, non-corrosive and compatible with most seal, O-ring, and valve polymers. No VOC content or hydrocarbon in the product; safe for oxygen use with no auto-ignition temperatures. Tested leak free under helium at 400 psi for 7 days.* Safe for use: The Chlorine Institute (Pamphlet 164) rates Krytox lubricants a “1”. Lubricates threads, preventing costly thread damage from galling and seizing during assembly. Allows low breakaway torque for easy-to-break connections.
Learn more about Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant, including how to properly apply:
Key Benefits of Krytox™ TS4:
- Can be re-applied over existing Kytox™ thread sealant
- Clings and will not shred or tear on assembly/disassembly
- Cannot plug or restrict critical piping, valves or instruments
- Non-reactive, non-toxic, nonflammable, non-corrosive
- Compatible with most seal, O-ring and valve polymers
- No VOC content or hydrocarbon
- Operating temperature range of –54–149 ºC (–65–300 ºF).
- Cost-effective- only a small amount of sealant needed
- Fast and easy to apply
Suggested Krytox TS4 Thread Sealant Application Procedures:
- Clean all pipe and fitting threads with a non-chlorinated solvent to remove cutting/protective oil and chase threads with stiff wire brush to remove burrs, debris, and old sealant (PTFE tape, pipe dope, anaerobic resin, etc.).
- Check pipe and fittings against ASNI/ASME guideline B.20.1-1983 to meet specifications for proper fit and engagement.
- Construct piping systems following all applicable ANSI/ ASME codes.
- Apply Krytox TS4 to fill the male threads evenly, up to the recommended engagement length from the ANSI/ ASME guideline. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
The recommendation made here with and the information set forth with respect to the performance or use of our products are believed, but not warranted to be accurate. The products discussed are sold without warranty, as to fitness or performance, express or implied and upon condition that purchasers shall make their own test to determine suitability of such products for their particular purposes. Likewise, statements concerning the possible uses of our products are not intended as recommendations to use our products in the infringement of any patent.